TMO Vilniaus biuras ieško komandos papildymo
TMO Vilniaus biuras ieško komandos papildymo
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE LT10-2020-10
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: National Research and Legal Officer
Duty Station: Vilnius, Lithuania
Classification: National Officer NOA-1
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, four months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24.09.2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit and in coordination with the Head of IOM Vilnius office, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordination of assigned research activities, in particular research studies of the European migration network (EMN) and studies related to migration policy and legislation.
S/he will be responsible and accountable for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing assigned research studies and play a key role in solving and advising on legal matters at IOM Vilnius. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that national research outputs are properly reflected in EU level publications. S/he will contribute to disseminating research findings to external partners as well as wider public.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate assigned IOM Vilnius research activities, including timely submission of EMN studies and other research related documents to the European Commission.
2. Contributes to the development of study specifications for assigned studies and gather feedback from external partners.
3. Produce and edit assigned studies, articles, and other policy documents in order to support the implementation of EMN activities and collaborative sharing of information between Organization and external partners as well as wider public through various channels of public communication, including social media.
4. Participate in assigned meetings related to development of various research activities, in particular EMN Advisory groups responsible for the development of study specifications.
5. Collect and analyse migration related trends, statistical data as well as policies and support knowledge management in order to establish IOM Vilnius as the national point of reference (knowledge hub) for migration related information.
6. Stay abreast of national and EU policy developments in the field of migration and asylum and advise the Head of Unit and the Head of Office on important changes.
7. Responsible for legal matters at IOM Vilnius office, in particular reviewing contracts and ensuring compliance with IOM internal legal requirements; coordinates with the Office of Legal Affairs at IOM Headquarters, as required.
8. Provides legal advice on the interpretation of legal documents, various rules and regulations.
9. Support project development according to the needs and situation analysis in accordance with IOM project development standards in coordination with Head of Office.
10. Contributes to other administrative, financial and logistical tasks needed for project implementation.
11. Organises meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and expert round tables; attend official meetings, appointments and duty travel.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Office.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master's degree in Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
Excellent knowledge of national, EU and international migration issues;
Proven experience in conducting research on migration and asylum issues, including participation in research activities at EU level;
Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and the production of concise internal and external reports, analysis, briefings and other materials as required;
Capacity to resent research results in various events;
Excellent drafting skills in Lithuanian and English, including the ability to identify and express clearly key messages, adapting style to the intended audience;
Knowledge of Lithuanian and international law;
Experience in drafting and/or reviewing legislation and legal texts;
Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent working knowledge of Lithuanian and English. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization's priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM's competency framework can be found at this link.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Monday, 24 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Tel. number for contacts +370 5 261 13 26.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.09.2020 to 24.09.2020